Logic 9 - Accidentally change metronome sound to a synth

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by matthughes64, Nov 11, 2010.

1. matthughes64 macrumors newbie

I had a 'click' track set as the metronome in logic and I changed it to some random synth, then deleted the track. The metronome still plays but it's not a click its playing octaves on some synth. I managed to get the track back up through the mixer, but now it's called 'Broadcast Ready' and when it's selected and I click the library, it only lets me choose from 'analysis tools' and 'mastering' folders, and these don't change the sound, they just add inserts. Please can someone tell me how to fix this, or just reset the metronome completely. All help and advice is much appreciated.

2. deej999 macrumors regular

did you make your own click track in the arrange are with a midi region or are you talking about the built-in click in logic?

try this. open the project. open the mixer. click on the ALL tab to see all channels. Find Inst 256. This is metronome channel.

click and hold for a second on the channel strip setting button at the top of the channel. Select 'reset channel strip'.

click on the empty gray slot under I/O in the channel. select the Klopfgeist instrument.

it's all reset to default now.

I got this info and more from macprovideo.com tutorials. Gotta credit those guys! discount on their tutorials until 17 Nov
    http://www.macprovideo.com/cart/code/10november25ext

;-)