logic board 101

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dieseldrummerny, Nov 5, 2011.

1. dieseldrummerny macrumors newbie

ok I am newer to understanding the inner workings of a computer. I am a rather handy and maybe a little too ambitious.

I have Macbook Aluminum unibody late 2008 with 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & 4GHz RAM

From what i can gather, apple solders the processor to the logic board, ya?
    I use a second display at work and I noticed that the graphics have been acting up on the second display ie:app windows distorting and colors getting out of whack when dragging from the screen on my mb to the aux screen. The only way I can fix this is to reboot. This has been consistent daily for about 2 weeks.

I was told the logic board my be going. If this be true and I need to replace the logic board, I was going to upgrade to the 2.4GHz myself.

My question is: does this 2.4GHz logic board (Apple Part #: 661-4819) come with an attached processor, ready to install? or do I need to get that separate? if so, which one do I get?

2. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

The logic board comes complete with the CPU. The CPU is soldered on.

3. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

Yes it does, the processor always comes with the logicboard, it is soldered on

4. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

I said that in the post above!

5. session101 macrumors regular

any mac is not worth upgrading the processor/logic board, you're better off selling what you have and then buying what you want, paying $600 for a processor upgrade isn't worth it...