Logic Board Alignment Help for iMac 2011 27"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Just1nCase, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Just1nCase macrumors member

Hi all,

I'm in the process of upgrading my iMac with a new SSD. However, I've encountered a roadblock. When putting the logic board back into place, I'm having issues with aligning the ports in the back. The logic board doesn't it wants to snap back in the place.

Any ideas or tips to help me out? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Once you have it pretty much in place, insert as many USB, FireWire, and Ethernet cable plugs as needed to keep the connectors aligned while you tighten down the motherboard mounting screws.

Good luck ... :)

-howard

3. kennyap macrumors regular

Yes do this, but also look through the bottom (where the RAM sits) and adjust the MB until the RAM Slots are lined up perfectly. Then screw in the MB.

4. Just1nCase thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for the late response. With an iMac down, I can only do so much. :p

Otherwise, I was able to get it fitted in correctly. The challenge was that I didn't connect any cables beforehand when I slightly removed my logic board. Like kennyap said, aligning the logic board towards the RAM slots helped and a slight push to bottom aligned the ports in the place. A big pain!

Everything is looking good, but now, I'm having issues now with the audio output. I'm not sure whether a cable may have accidentally disconnected. I'm about do some research.

Thanks again for guys help! :)