Logic board failure

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rm19, May 16, 2011.

1. rm19 macrumors member

Hey everyone, my mac recently kept on having kernel panics and then i took it to the apple store and was diagnosed as a logic board problem. I want to run the game minecraftsp on my mac but i am unsure if the game cause something inside to overheat which in turn affected the logic board. Thanks for the help!

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

What model MBP do you have? How long have you had it? What version of OS X are you running? What are your temperatures when gaming? We can't tell you anything unless you give us info about your computer as well as the problem you're experiencing.

3. rm19 thread starter macrumors member

MBP 13 in. Got it in January 2011. Mac OSX 10.6.7. Not too sure about the tempreature when gaming, but the fan starts running really loud and the bottom of the mac gets hot. Im trying not to be too experimental since i dont want to screw it up again.

4. marc11 macrumors 68000

A. It is under warranty, just have it fixed.
    B. I would doubt a game would cause the hardware failure, there are saftey devies to shut the system down if it over heats, and even if they failed, unless you altered them see point A above.

5. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Heh don't worry. Minecraft will run just fine.
    As for your machine heating up this is mostly because of the Aluminium design if you aren't sure search and download mcfancontrol. Anything under 100C is fine.

6. sioannou macrumors member

sioannou

Sorry if i am hijacking the post, but when you say kernel panic you mean the classic freeze of the computer? Where you need to hold down the power button to restart your machine? Sorry but I know in reality what is a kernel panic but I don't know if this is what you mean when you are posting in these forums.

Apart from this, I think I had my first kernel panic yesterday . I don't think it's due hardware issues, however it seems it has to do something with the dynamic switching of graphics card. I had opened at the same time Photoshop, Illustrator , Dreamweaver and the new firefox . When I closed firefox upon the switch of gpus the computer freezed. Don't know if this is related to your post :p

7. rm19 thread starter macrumors member

Well apple called the screen where it goes gray and a sign saying you need to restart your computer comes up, thats what they told me the kernel panic was. Thanks to all for the help! If you have any other suggestions, post please!