Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danefam12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2016
i recently purchased my macbook pro 2015 on august 27th, 2015. On january 4th 2016, i spilled some coffee on the floor and it splashed on the mac, which by the way was closed.
i cleaned it and let it dry it for 24 hours. I thought this would be enough so i went to turn it on and the file with the question mark started blinking... long story short, apple says the can replace the logic board for 755 and anything else wrong with it.
i have tried all other third party retailers in my area and and they either charge by part or tell me that the apple deal is my best shot...i am not computer handing so i would not even try to repair the comp by myself.
is this my best course of plan??

cerberusss

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2013
The Netherlands
Yes it's the best. But you've definitely exhausted all other possibilities, right? I.e. you're sure that your contents insurance doesn't cover it, and any insurance on your credit card also doesn't?
[doublepost=1454013720][/doublepost]I learned the hard way that I need something like this:
sku_49214_1.jpg

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
i recently purchased my macbook pro 2015 on august 27th, 2015. On january 4th 2016, i spilled some coffee on the floor and it splashed on the mac, which by the way was closed.
i cleaned it and let it dry it for 24 hours. I thought this would be enough so i went to turn it on and the file with the question mark started blinking... long story short, apple says the can replace the logic board for 755 and anything else wrong with it.
i have tried all other third party retailers in my area and and they either charge by part or tell me that the apple deal is my best shot...i am not computer handing so i would not even try to repair the comp by myself.
is this my best course of plan??
The logicboard contains pretty much the whole computer except the case, fan and SSD. That fee is fair IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.