Logic board help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mushrooshi, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

Alright.

So I got one of those '1-in-over-9000' chance that my MacBook's logic board broke out of warranty due to a defect.

Firstoff, where is the cheapest 2.0ghz to 2.16ghz C2D Summer 2007 logic boards.

I am not repairing it myself unless the board is 400 dollars or less.

Next, can I put, say, a 2.4ghz or 2.1ghz logic board in a 2.16ghz MacBook. I want the x1300, and I don't like the GMA950.

2. Mushrooshi thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone have any knowledge on this? No one is replying to me on any website!

3. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Yes you should be able to get a replacement logicboard for around $400 (just) from eBay.com.

Second part of your question is answered here - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=565896

Is the search button broken again - that post was only yesterday........

4. Mushrooshi thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, huge thankies, and I guess I forgot to gogole search 'Motherboard' instead of 'Logic Board'

5. logana macrumors 65816

logana

It is a big job to do because almost all of the logicboard connections are different on the Santa Rosa machines - from memory you will need - new speakers, new bluetooth board, new bottom case, new topcase, new magsafe connector and battery cable (depends on whether your board is EnergyStar or not), new logicboard to invertor cable, heatsink and fan etc

I do not think that it makes any kind of economic sense to do this....

Sell the old MacBook "as is" on eBay and buy one of the new MacBooks (next week ?)