Logic board issue - macbook 2011

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by legold, Jun 15, 2014.

1. legold macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm writing because of a Logic board failure on a 2011 macbook pro. Yesterday the macbook started to glitch and freeze, and I already replaced my logic board four times in the past because of this failure. I called apple care, they agreed that a logic board failing 5 times in 2 years is a bit too much and they told me they were going to give me a new macbook . Back home I tried to run the macbook in safe mode just to access some important files I had to backup: the problem completely disappeared. Apple Hardware test says everything is ok. I know it's going to happen again (in the past it took 3 weeks to completely freeze the computer), but I should send my macbook next week for having it checked. So my weird question is: how can I "test" the logic board to prove it is faulty? How can I make the glitches reappear again? It's just a question of time.

Thanks!

2. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

2011 MBP's have had many issues with graphic chip failures. The replacement logic boards have the same likelihood of failure. Take the new computer offered!