Logic board question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tsmith, Aug 25, 2011.

1. tsmith macrumors newbie

tsmith

I have a 2009 13" MBP that had spill damage. The logic board was a little corroded so I bought another logic board of the same kind off ebay and I believe it to be a good one.

I put the new logic board in, but when I hit the power button, nothing happens. Not a thing. The other damaged logic board at least would start the optical drive and hard drive and flash the power light. It did not boot but I got activity.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the port that the power button goes to, also, where the keyboard plugs into so I can check it out.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

2. Tiki35, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

Tiki35 macrumors 6502

The power button on that model is actually part of the keyboard, not the logic board. You may need to replace the keyboard (tedious) or the entire upper case (costly). You can jumper two small pins on the logic board which should start the computer, thereby bypassing the power button. Standby and I'll send you a youtube link of the pin location.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvqQF02G5Ns

3. tsmith thread starter macrumors newbie

tsmith

That was a huge help, i actually realized I did not put the keyboard ribbon in far enough.

Now when i start the machine the fan comes on and the light but nothing else... no hard drive no optical drive no sound no display.

i got my hopes up and then right back down.