Logic Board Repair Recommendations

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by leopus1190s, Feb 28, 2010.

1. leopus1190s macrumors newbie

There was an accident and coffee spashed on my Unibody 15 inch MacBook Pro.

I let the computer dry out for a day and tried to turn it back on. It won't completely start. I am going to safely assume that the logic board is dead and that I need to replacement.

Now I've seen MacService and Apple through the basic google searches but do you guys have any safe recommendations for repairmen where I can save some cash. I don't have 900 dollars in cash just lying around.

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Why are you talking about how much money you personally have when it's someone else who's at fault? Did you not get their contact information?

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

THIS

And take it right to the Apple store to get an estimate, then bring them to small claims court if you have an issue.

4. dbaird323 macrumors newbie

the problem with coffee is (depending on your preference) it commonly has sugar in it. as the coffee dries it will leave a residue that can conduct electricity and damage your computer. sugar is really bad about doing this, but there are other things in coffee that can do this. This is why when something has liquid damage, you may not have any permanent damage until later on down the road. The best possible thing you can do is take out your battery and unplug it. Next you need to take it apart and clean it. I have saved logic boards this way, but it is obviously not a guaranteed fix. It is also a fairly time consuming and tedious process, but ifixit should have a guide to take it apart.