Logic Board Repair Time? (Apple being slow?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adamvk, Nov 4, 2011.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

So I went in 6 days ago to get my Logic Board replaced because the SD card was not working. They said they'll call me once it's done, which they told me would be 3-5 days. It's now been 6 days....

Apple normally seems to always be on the ball with everything time-wise, so would there be a reason why it's been longer? A complication or something perhaps? I just really need my Mac right now unfortunately. :(

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

seriously? not to be rude but how can anyone here (unles the tech from apple is here) know what the hold up is

3. Ant.honey macrumors regular

Adam? This is Ken from the Aurora Apple Store. We found copious amounts of half congealed 'lube' in your trackpad and some curious files on your hard drive. Also, you're being investigated by the feds. Have a great day and thanks for being an Apple customer.

(Your computer will be ready on Tuesday).

4. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Well, I'm looking for people with past experience who maybe had a similar situation.

Nice try, but I went to Woodfield. :)

5. Ant.honey macrumors regular

Yes, this has played into the repair time in addition to the investigation. We had to send your macbook pro to Aurora as 2 of our repair techs are on vacation. There will be no additional charge to you and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Ken

6. azxr macrumors member

Not sure what normal is, but the repair of my early 2008 MBP took 3 to 4 days. I dropped it off at the store and they shipped it to depot. The logic board was replaced and it had it back a couple of days later.

7. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Oh, I see. That's a long commute, from NYC to Woodfield. :)

Yea, I feel like I'm hearing from a lot of other people that it either is 3ish or 30ish days. Oh well, maybe I'll get a new one. :)