Logic Board Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bluewhite4, Sep 2, 2008.

1. bluewhite4 macrumors member

So I bought this used PowerBook G4 12" Al. From my other posts, its been determined that it has some form of logic board problem. While at the store, I could swear that he told me that they offered a $310+tax free to check it out and fix anything they deem to be a problem. Since this is almost what I paid for it, I'm not sure if I can justify the cost. What do you die hard 12" Al fans think? Is what the guy at the store true? Is it only $310+tax to fix anything/everything?

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

310 seems like a relatively low price for a logic board replacement, especially one completed at an apple store.

me thinks you should have gotten that price quote in writing

3. Macrecycling1 macrumors newbie

What speed is your PowerBook 12"? or serial number and describe problem please........ I can ask our apple tech and see what can we do for you..

4. California macrumors 68040

California

No, I think it is an apple offer on all out of warranty powerbooks.

They fixed a Tibook for me for that price a couple of years ago.

Nice, because you get some new warranty.

But make them put a new hard drive and new optical drive (faster dvd burner UJ847) or tell them it's not worth it.

5. bluewhite4 thread starter macrumors member

I can request them to put a new hd and optical drive in? What about replace the bottom casing? (Its pretty beat-up, looks like the former owner dropped it on the corner.)