Logic Board replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marteney1, Jul 20, 2011.

1. marteney1 macrumors newbie

Oh wise and all-knowing forum: I seek your help. So I found my logic board for my Mid-2010 13" MBP and ordered it, and almost got the old one out without messing anything up. But when I went to unplug this little guy (see video, 2:46), the plug broke and the cables came out of it. Boo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt4qJdbwT8A

Anyways, I was hoping someone knew the order in which they go into the plug. I meant to take a picture before I took everything off, and managed to get one of the other side of the board, but not this one. This is how I think they go, from L to R: (black with white writing)(plain black)(gray), but I really only want to take this thing apart once, so I want to be sure what goes where before I put it back together.

[​IMG]

Hope the pic works. Anyways, any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

:apple: <- love this little emoticon, btw

2. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

looks about right, make sure the gold connectors are pushed all the way up in the black bracket and when reapplying the cable ( it will be a tricky endeavor ) apply some anti-static tape (Kapton) or other tape that is OKAY for CPU use.

It looks like that is the microphone cable? if so if it doesnt work after reassembly you can get a replacement Microphone i dont imagine for a huge expense.

3. marteney1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, that's apparently not the way they go. My microphone doesn't work, but my Macbook is back in working order, and I rarely use the mic anyway. Life goes on....