Logic board upgrade question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cmetzger93, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Cmetzger93 macrumors newbie

Hi my first post on this forum. I'm hoping someone more technologically saavy will be able to assist me. I have an early 2011 13" MacBook Pro with a 2.3ghz i5 logic board and was wondering if it would be possible to change to the 2.7ghz i7 logic board and if so would the difference be noticeable or negligible? Thanks you guys!

2. TheIguana, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014

TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

You are looking at close to $800 from most any source for a logic board like that... If you need more oomph you would really be better off putting that money towards a new MBP.

3. artfun macrumors member

I doubt that processor upgrade alone will result noticeable difference for most of regular tasks.

4. pragmatous macrumors 65816

You're better off just saving that money and putting it towards a brand new macbook pro. Whenever you get caught in thinking you need to upgrade a laptop's logic board it's time to save up for a new one.

5. Cmetzger93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys so much. You're awesome and very helpful I was actually curious if the 2.3 i5 and the 2.7 i7 were interchangeable for the early 2011 mbp because I was going to buy a defective one off eBay for cheap and rebuild it but I wanted to know if it was interchangeable first. Thank you.