logic board woe

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mibes, Dec 28, 2008.

1. mibes macrumors newbie

my white 13' macbook is having real issues with many different usb devices and with audio quality, also random crashing and glitchy cursour and other tedious things. i'm quite certain its not software troubles and its not the ram ether. i've tried just about every fix for these sort of symptoms to no effect... considering all this, would i be right to conclude that its a logic board problem? i just need to know before i order a new one and open up this bad boy...

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Since you try all these different methods to fix it then it's probably is the logic board then.

Just curious...Did you take out the ram and putting it back in?

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

4. eman macrumors 6502a

Have you tried to use your restore disks and fix permissions to the hard drive?

5. mibes thread starter macrumors newbie

no i haven't tried taking the ram out, i cant see why this would help but i have some new ram in the post anyway so i'll soon see if that makes a difference (i figured that since i'm going in i might as well upgrade memory too)

i'm not gonna take it to an apple store because they'll charge practically the value of the laptop to replace it.

what would be ideal is if there was a way to test the power supply for all the usb powered devices on the laptop (inc the internal ones like trackpad etc) because then i could be sure of what the problem is