Logic bouncing. confused!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by dannewell15, Nov 6, 2007.

1. dannewell15 macrumors regular

Hey guys. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to audio recording and I'm having difficulty in Logic 8. I have a whole project with multiple tracks and all of them are MIDI tracks from my maudio 61es. How do I export (bounce) it all to an mp3 or aac. Whenever I try it I just get a blank audio file. Please help this is music GCSE. :)

2. mohthom macrumors newbie

The M-Audio 61es doesn't make any difference, it's just a bunch of keys that control midi paramaters within Logic. I assume you're using a bunch of software instruments in Logic, and that everything's being mixed ITB.

It's pretty easy . . . find out where you want the recording to go from (normally 1 1 1 1 - the beginning of the arrangement) and to (the end of the piece - might be 257 1 1 1 - these numbers are on the top bar). Hit bounce - top right of the screen - input those numbers into the from and to boxes, and make sure you've got the output set correctly - you'll probably want it set to 44100 hz and 16 bit if you're bouncing to CD. Don't forget to make a note of where it's going to be saved, or you'll be searching for it for hours . . .

MohThoM