Logic/Duet

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by sovirush, Aug 12, 2008.

1. sovirush macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I recently bought a new macbook along with logic express and a duet interface system.
    Before I bought logic express, I was playing my guitar through garageband with no problems whatsoever, but now that I have logic it doesn't seem to work. I think it's some box I haven't checked yet or something similarly small, because it shows that logic is picking up the sound based on the fact that the levels increase based on how hard I pluck a string. However, when I go to play it back, nothing is there.

I just though I'd ask on here, can anyone tell me the start-up steps for using duet in logic?

Thanks

2. stomplex macrumors member

I don't run Logic but I ran into a similar issue over the weekend. You see the meters but no sound.

Bare with me because I don't have the software in front of me right now but check this:

In the Maestro interface, you see the mixer which has the input/output and master slider levels - toward the right hand bottom corner there is a box where you select, I believe, something like output. One of the choices is "None" - I think that tells the Duet to let your computer and the application handle the output and one of the other choices is something like "L/R" which designates the Duet as the output.

Check that. It ended up being my problem. Also check that your app is routing it's audio through the Duet.