Logic Express 7 + 2 Firepods, Logic Express defaults to built in audio.

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by sycho, Oct 18, 2007.

1. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

Title pretty much says it all. I set up the 2 Firepods in MIDI Setup using Device Aggregate Device Setup and I have run the setup assistant in Logic Express for that new device, I select 12 inputs and 12 outputs.

When Logic Express opens I get the message:

"The previously selected audio interface is not available.
    The built-in audio inputs and outputs of the computer will be used instead for this session."

I am able to output through the Firepods no problem in anything else, and I am able to record 16 channels in Audacity no problem.

Does any one have any idea's or suggestions on how to get this issue resolved?

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    hmmm

i thought the Firepod was 10 channels max?

anyway, i use one firepod with Logic E and now Logic 8 Pro and it's really simple...

Not sure why it's giving you trouble...I just go to prefs-> audio and set the built in to the Presonus Firepod. Core Audio will then restart and I have 10 in and 10 out.....

I usually set it up in the system prefs-> sound ->input too....

good luck:)

3. sycho thread starter macrumors 6502a

sycho

I have 2 firepods set up in OS X for 16in/16out.

I have got it working now, I just had to play with the IO buffer in the CoreAudio settings in Logic Express.

4. singlefinger macrumors newbie

How did you fix it?

I'm having the same problem. Can you tell us exactly what fixed it? Or would it be different for each rig?