Logic Express 7, no audio, don't know how to open AU

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Jschultz, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Hey gang,

I just got Logic 7 express, and I'm frustrated trying to get this thing going. I chose the internal audio option, but I get nothing. Also, I have Novation V-station, but I have no idea how to open it as an AU in Logic.

Someone help!!

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    hmmm not sure about your audio settings.

should just be the defaults, built in audio etc....

as for the V station plug. Just Create a track. Hold down the mouse over the name of the track until a drop down list appears > select Audio Instrument 1.
    Then on the left hand side, click on the i/o button > Stereo > AU instruments >Novation>V station.

that's it.

if you have a midi keyboard set up, use it.

if you don't use your cpu keyboard instead.

:)

3. gotzero macrumors 68040

The post above should have you covered. Other than that, buy a Logic Express book, read it all the way through (there will be a lot you do not understand, but read it, completely and with full attention anyway), and then read through it again this time doing everything with the program as you read.

This will take you less than two weeks doing it an hour or so a day, and you will be flying by day 14.

I converted to my first Mac with Logic Pro 7, and had almost torn all of my hair out trying to get anything to work from PC/6. I got an OS X Bible and a Logic 7 book, did exactly what I said above (although for about 10 hours a day, every waking moment not at work/school at the time) and never looked back.

4. gotzero macrumors 68040

The post above should have you covered. Other than that, buy a Logic Express book, read it all the way through (there will be a lot you do not understand, but read it, completely and with full attention anyway), and then read through it again this time doing everything with the program as you read.

This will take you less than two weeks doing it an hour or so a day, and you will be flying by day 14.

I converted to my first Mac with Logic Pro 7, and had almost torn all of my hair out trying to get anything to work from PC/6. I got an OS X Bible and a Logic 7 book, did exactly what I said above (although for about 10 hours a day, every waking moment not at work/school at the time) and never looked back.