Logic. . . importing audio.

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Soundburst, May 28, 2010.

1. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

EDIT: solved it. . .you just need to save your project before you do any work then it's an advanced option "save audio files to project folder". :)

Hey guys. . I know that you go to "import audio" to import audio . . . .but In Pro Tools you are offered to "copy" that audio file to your Project directory which means if you take your entire project folder. . .that audio will be copied inside and it won't harm the original file.

Can you do this in Logic?

I prefer to always have the DAW make copies of the file I select from my hard drive and then allow me to edit them from inside the project folder compared to editing the original file from the MacHD/audio/files folder.

Ideally if I go to my Logic Pro session folder it will have made copies of all the audio files I need.

Is this possible? Thanks. :)

2. originalcliche macrumors member

Yes. You can do exactly what you are asking in fact Logic does it already for you. When you import an audio file either via import or Drag n drop ( drag and drop is the best way IMO) Logic automatically creates a copy of the file. Now when you go to save your project for the FIRST time (first time is when you will get the option to do so) you select "copy audio files to project folder". That will take the copy Logic created and put into your project folder.

Hope that helps.

-Chris