Logic or Pro Tools for Sony Acid Pro user?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Mark Morb, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Mark Morb macrumors regular

Mark Morb

Hi,

I have been using Sony's Acid Pro for years and getting good results from it (had several album and single releases which all used it).
    My main issue with it is that it's Windows only..
    I've been using an iMac with a bootcamp partition for the last 4 years...the only reason I need the windows partition is to run Acid Pro.
    I'm about to take delivery of my sparkly new iMac i7 and I really just want to run all native OSX programs but that would mean ditching Acid Pro and switching to Logic or Pro Tools.
    Are there any other Sony Acid users who have made that switch and could advise which would be the best choice...

Thanks,
    Mark
    www.egressuk.com

2. myca macrumors 6502

I'm a massive Logic fan, but use Pro Tools at work, so my vote (based solely on my personal bias) would be Logic.

But have you thought about Live, if you're doing electronic music of any sort that may suit your needs more, I've personally only ever played around with it a little, but I have friends who swear by it.

3. Mark Morb thread starter macrumors regular

Mark Morb

Thanks for the reply, I think I am leaning towards Logic.
    I have tried "Live" a few times, I know people rave about it but it doesn't really work the way I like to...I prefer to work in an environment very much like a traditional recording studio but using digital tracks rather than tape...

4. myca macrumors 6502

In that case I'd definitely go for Logic.

Pro Tools has it's uses, and is great for certain things, but unless you can have a HD rig I find that the LE version just too limiting, whereas Logic Pro includes so much stuff that it can be nearly overwhelming, but well worth it.