Logic Pro 7.1 Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by uraniumwilly, Apr 15, 2007.

1. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do. My Logic Pro hardware (pro tools 24 mix) won't run on Logic Pro 7.2. Mix support is discontinued at 7.2... I own 7.0 but need Logic 7.1 to run Duende (just arrived... sound effect massive crowd cheering and applauding.). Apple doesn't offer 7.1 as an upgrade, only 7.2. Any suggestions?

Edit: This is a hardware/software question, although not necessarily an Apple Hardware question. I couldn't find a "Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion" software-type forum for my question, so I took the liberty of posting it here. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Have you contacted Apple to see if they will send you 7.1 discs when you buy an upgrade to 7.2?

3. uraniumwilly thread starter macrumors 6502

No. I didn't think Apple had that kind of flexible customer service. Maybe it's worth calling them and giving it a shot. I'll try anything.

Thanks for the idea.

4. k2k koos macrumors 6502a

k2k koos

And what about your music retailer? If they sell Logic, can they help you get a working set up by getting you a 7.1 disc? They may perhaps have one laying around?

:apple: