Logic Pro 7 Academic or Logic Studio (new one)?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by jayeskreezy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Which one is better out of the two? I have the option to get Logic Pro 7 Academic for $100 or should I just get Logic Express 8 or save for Logic Studio? I just want to know which is the best to get. Thanks!

2. zosoaudo007 macrumors member

You can get Logic studio at an academic price. There is a limitation though, I forget what it is. Significantly cheaper.

I think the limitation is that you can't update to the next version of Logic at a discount like you could if you had Logic 7.

3. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I heard about that getting it for $149 on some campuses, but I'm no longer at a university (graduated) and I don't know anyone at places that have it significantly cheaper. I don't mind not being able to upgrade though if I could get my hands on a the student version for $149. If someone could help me out that'd be great too!

4. zosoaudo007 macrumors member

http://www.bu.edu/univcomp/

Check out that link. That is where I got my copy. I ordered it and they emailed me asking for my ID. I am not a BU student either. However, my school may have a deal in place with them.

I know you can contact apple and tell them you are a student. As long as you have an ID that says so, there is no reason for them to believe otherwise.

5. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

what school do you go to? also, what did you do when they asked for your id? Thanks!

6. zosoaudo007 macrumors member

i'm pretty sure i just emailed them my ID number and said I went to the school they have a deal with (Berklee College of Music), and they let me go no problem.

if you do it, i would call them and ask what kind of student IDs they take. make sure they will take student IDs in general.

seriously, if that doesn't work call/contact sales at apple. they will surely give u a discount as long as you have that ID.

best of lukc

7. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

oh really? ok...yeah I can understand that with berklee...apple would def give you that from berklee...my student id was from univ. of maine ...im an alum now tho:(