Logic Pro 8 doubled packs

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by zosoaudo007, Jan 8, 2008.

1. zosoaudo007 macrumors member

I had this problem with another computer before this one. I thought I pre-empted it, but no dice. I installed LP8 today, and a bunch of the library software instrument folders are doubled.

Specifically (look at attachment):

Garageband
    Jam Pack 1
    Jam Pack Remix Tools
    Jam Pack Rhythm section
    Jam Pack Symphony Orchestra
    Jam Pack world music

then it repeats...

[​IMG]

I did not install the extra Garageband stuff until I put in the discs for Logic Studio.

I would like to rid my system of this repetitious nonsense. For those that know, does this mean that those 6 folders and all their contents are duplicated somewhere else on my HDD, thus taking up twice as much space? Or is it a bug where it reads the directory twice?

Also, a more general question. In terms of speed performance. Is it better to have the loops and jam packs and all the extras installed on my internal 5400 250gb hdd, or on a 7200 external connected via firewire 400 or 800? I'm assuming the external.

One more, is there a way to be sure that everything from Logic Studios is installed? I have heard of bugs where some software instruments and loops didn't load and stuff. Thanks.

2. zosoaudo007 thread starter macrumors member

The issue of doubled packs is solved. I installed all the software updates and it is no longer an issue. Still interested in your thoughts on the other stuff.

3. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

When I originally installed Logic Studio, I did have some missing instruments. A second install fixed it; there is quite a bit of discussion of this issue on the Apple support forums.