Logic Pro 8

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mugs, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Mugs macrumors regular

Hey guys, just a quick question, in Logic Pro 8 (or garageband) is there a way of when u have imported a song like Fix You by Coldplay (for example) are you able to seperate the different instruments n vocals so you have them on their own? Thanks a lot.

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

Not unless you have the original Logic file...you can't do it from just an MP3 or whatever.

In some songs you can actually remove the vocals and just get the instrumental version of the song but that's about it. There may be a way to do this with a lot of experience and work and fancy software but I'm not sure.

3. Mugs thread starter macrumors regular

ok, its just that I really enjoy mixing up song, but it makes it much harder when you cannot get each track on its own cus then you have to have the rest of the music in the background!!! I just thought that something like Logic Pro mite be able to do this! Does anyone know how I can?

4. SavageMac macrumors member

There is no real way to remove vocals from a track without removing something else as other things are centered in the middle besides voice.

If you want instrumentals of a track it should not be too hard for you to find.

5. Mugs thread starter macrumors regular