Logic Pro 9 & ... a MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ItsMeCD, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ItsMeCD macrumors newbie

Guys...I need your thoughts. I'm a new convert and have picked up a MacBook Air (2011, i5 1.7, 128GB SSD). I purchased this primarily for portability, and knew the sacrifices I was making by not going with a MBP. With that in mind...

I've recently started using GarageBand (for some audio recordings at work) and the MBA seems to work flawlessly. BUT I've also recently started to learn the guitar and am interested in using GarageBand or Logic Pro to start recording in a month or two. From what I've read the differences in the two applications is significant and felt that starting with Logic Pro, rather than moving to it down the road, was the more solid choice.

I've only had the MBA for a little more than three months. I love it. But, is it going to be able to handle what I want to do?

I do have a 1TB external I can store the loops on (because I read they are nearly 50GB). I can also record to an SD card (I heard...). Any thoughts you have would be appreciated.

2. nickdown macrumors newbie

I have LP9 on my macbook air, (2.13Ghz dual core, 4gb ram). I run it all off my ssd, and it's great. I haven't done anything too intensive, but it runs the demo song just fine even though it uses quite complex aspects of the program.

I use it for midi from my keyboard, but I've recorded vocals a few times and it was smooth. No noticable lag.

I'd highly recommend getting it, it's a great program!

Cheers,
    Nick

3. ItsMeCD thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Nick! My only concern now would be my 1.7Ghz CPU.