Logic Pro 9 Lagging in Mavericks

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by MasterBlaster77, Nov 7, 2013.

1. MasterBlaster77 macrumors newbie

My Logic Pro 9 is really lagging in Mavericks...I can hear my production but cannot see any scroll in the arrangement area and no visual volume meters in the mixer area. GRRRR!!!!
    I have an iMAC, 21.5-inch, Mid 2010, Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB
    Currently running Logic Pro 9 on OS X 10.9....Does this mean I now have to upgrade to Logic Pro X...:mad: Please Help!!!

2. koban4max macrumors 68000

don't know why u have this problem...my lp9 isn't currently having any problem at the moment. have you tried pram reset?

3. MasterBlaster77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Still Lagging....

Problem is still there. While I can hear the music, there is no scroll in play...and when I stop the playback the scroll in play indicator leaves a black bar right down the entire arrangement area and the Volume indicators in the mixer are frozen at the last peak...Is this a problem with the RAM (not enough) or is there a way of shutting down some of the other Maverick Programs such as iBOOKS and MAPS?

4. koban4max macrumors 68000

i have same amount of ram and no problem with it. Have you updated to the latest update? Check activity monitor...os x mavericks should be good keep memory usage low. You said you lagged still, right?

5. MasterBlaster77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem Solved

There you go...updated to Logic Pro 9.1.8 and no more issues!!!

Thanks

6. BigRed1 macrumors 6502

7. koban4max macrumors 68000

:)
    np