Logic Pro 9 & RAM

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Highdom, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Highdom macrumors newbie

Hello! I've an iMac 21.5 Late 2012 (OS X 10.11.1) and I use Logic Pro 9 and X to make music. I usually work with heavy projects. Logic Pro X works well (yes, it sometimes need to exit, or it appear Overload Error when playback is on) but in Logic Pro 9 the situation is really bad...when I open big projects the program usually crash after 5' or less time and return this error "Logic Pro has unexpected quit. The current project has been saved as [...]".
    Plugin often crash and they aren't loaded on the sistem ("Failed to load plugin" error), and else the arrange view lags a lot, I mean when i move the mouse and the tracks of the project, graphic interface has bugs!

I tried to freeze track to save RAM and CPU. the program works better but in every case it crash after 5-10'...

I have already put the Buffer Size in 1024 ms dimension...

Why Logic 9 works bad? Because of the memory (2x4 DDR3 1600 mhz)? Or because of hard disk (5400-rpm)? Or because of software?

Thanks a lot guy!

2. ProjectManager101 Suspended

ProjectManager101

1. It is better to post your issue in Logic forums, here people might just guess.
    2. Logic has bugs and if you are using third party plugins there may be "parasite signals" that fall in a loop and crash the memory.
    3. Logic works fine by itself most of the time and when using third party plugins be sure they are from reliable brand. There are very nice plugins that are very cheap and they may come with bad coding.... who knows.

3. Highdom thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply! I'll post in Logic Forum.