Logic Pro on 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Xcallibur, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

Hi all, does anybody find the 1280x800 resolution on the 13" MBP a hindrance whilst working within Logic Pro or for that matter any other app?

2. Code001 macrumors member

I personally find that resolution to be a pain when working in Logic Pro, but other guys have made it work. You really need to utilize the different windows effectively if you're on a limited screen space like that. I prefer a minimum of 1920 x something, but that's just me.

3. denness544 macrumors member

Damn. I was thinking about getting a 13" to run Logic Pro. I guess, in your case, a Retina MP is the ideal screen?

4. Code001 macrumors member

For me, yes. Your situation may be different. I've been using 1920x1200 for the past 8 years now, so it's hard for me to transition to smaller screens. Those that are used to less resolution will probably get by just fine on their laptops. I know lots of people who are fine working with 1440, but I'm just not one of them. It's all personal preference.

5. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

i've been running logic on a 13" macbook pro since 2008 (am on a new one now)... logic is my main app, so i use it a LOT.

i love it, because it's what i want: a small, light, powerful mac to...run logic.
    one thing i do tho, is...i use this, so i am using logic almost full-screen (with the menubar visible).

either way...if the 13" is right for you, logic will be fine. one thing, be prepared to scroll a bit... :D