Logic Pro won't trigger A# (open hihat) with e-drums

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by tomasmarsh, Oct 24, 2013.

1. tomasmarsh macrumors newbie

I have an Alesis DM6 e-drum kit that is successfully triggering drum sounds in Logic Pro's EXS24, all with the exception of one note: A#

This is the note that the Alesis sends out when the hihat is in the open position (foot is off the pedal).

It shows up in the MIDI monitor in Logic Pro, and it should be triggering the open hihat sound in EXS24.

Finally, after installing BFD2, I get the same problem, but only if I use BFD2 as a plugin. The Alesis DM6 triggers the sound of the open hihat in BFD2 when it is in "Standalone Mode", but when it is opened as a plugin, I notice that BFD2 has a MIDI monitor which tells me it is receiving the A# note, but the velocity is always "0" as in "zero". ALL OTHER NOTES REGISTER VARYING VELOCITIES, depending on how hard I hit the drum pads, but something in LOGIC 9 won't let the note trigger the open hihat sound, whether it is an EXS24 drum patch or a BFD2 patch.

Any ideas?

2. Astrofox macrumors member

It's a long shot but try resetting midi learn? I thought my keyboard lost a key until I realised I had unwittingly pressed the midi learn hotkey and mapped the midi note to some random action.