Logic Pro X Multitracking (EZ Drummer)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by keysofanxiety, Feb 27, 2014.

1. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Hi all,

I've scoured the Internet for help with this, but it seems all tutorials are reserved for Logic Pro 9. I've got a MIDI drum track and I've set EZ drummer to be multi-output in both the plugin and the setup. I can't seem to find any options to allow me to view each track to edit them separately.

Does anybody know how to view this in Logic Pro X? There doesn't seem to be an option to view the individual tracks, as there were in LP9. Thank you for any suggestions you may have! :) (screenshots attached for your convenience)

Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 21.54.14.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 21.54.19.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 21.54.39.png

2. keysofanxiety, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014

keysofanxiety thread starter macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Okay guys, I sort of found a workaround -- posting it to hopefully help anybody who has the same problem.

In Logic Pro X, set up some new aux tracks, and put the input for them as the Ez-Drummer. This will automatically set up a bus which will reroute the sound from the drum kit, meaning you won't have duplicate tracks and you can mix/EQ individually (see attached)

Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 14.55.59.png

A few problems: a lot of these are mic placements rather than individual parts which relate to the EZD components. And please be aware that once all the EZ have been rerouted, your drumkit as you see it in Logic, will just be bass drum only. So when you 'solo' the drum kit, you'll just get bass drum. If you want to EQ the bass drum, you can't do it through a bus (from what I can figure out)

Hope this help people.