Logic Pro X: One MIDI note won't play

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vladobizik, Feb 3, 2014.

1. vladobizik, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014

vladobizik macrumors 6502

I am having a strange problem with Logic Pro X. I use a Yamaha CP33 as my main MIDI keyboard, connected by USB. In the past couple weeks, a strange problem has emerged - one of the notes from the keyboard, the B-2, to be specific, just doesn't trigger. At first I thought the key was broken, but it's okay, because:
    - all keys work fine when I use the keyboard's analog audio output
    - all keys work fine in MainStage
    - the non-functional key moves up and down if I choose to transpose the notes on the keyboard.
    So I have concluded that it's a software issue specific to Logic. I have already tried reinstalling the Yamaha USB MIDI driver, it didn't help. Could it be some obscure setting in Logic that is messing things up? What do you suggest can I do to fix this?

EDIT: I have managed to fix it. Turns out I had a Controller assignment set to that note, I don't know when and how I did it. But it's gone now.

2. McNelton macrumors newbie

McNelton

Vlad,
    I have the opposite problem. And fixing what you did didn't help. The C below middle C was triggering the set to shift to a different folder. I removed that assignment and now that key won't even trigger a note. On any instrument. Its just dead. Do you know how to re-assign a key to play a note?