Logic Pro X Power

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Rob Hicks, May 29, 2007.

1. Rob Hicks macrumors newbie

Folks, this may well be something many of you have seen already but I've been monitoring some other forums regarding a book that has (or is about to be) Published called "Logic Pro X Power". You can find this book in most online book stores. Amazon US even has a review (which I think is a spoof review for what it's worth)

Question is, are we seeing the new name of what will effectively be Logic 8?

Other forums have covered this subject off but not conclusively in my opinion. I certinaly think Apple would come down heavy on someone releasing a book before the product is released.

Has anyone actually ordered this book? could Logic X just mean any old version of Logic? why are there people selling this book on via Amazon when the publisher says it will be available at the end of the year?

A few questions indeed. I think it's a spoof....but I'm hoping I'm wrong and we'll see it launched on 11th June at the WWDC.

Cheers

Rob

2. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

Read this thread, where the book author comments:

http://bigbluelounge.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35933

Basically, that title and book is a placeholder which has been out there for a year. He does not know when the next version of Logic is out, and there will be about 3 months after the new Logic release when the book will be available. Whenever that is. :)