Resolved Logic Pro X Tempo Track Query

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by keysofanxiety, Jul 1, 2015.

1. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Hi all,

So I was feeling proud of myself as I just finished tuning about 4 layers of vocals for a crazy-long prog song. A simply exhausting endeavour that I will never, ever do again, or recommend to anybody who appreciates their sanity/free time.

Then just as I'm about to export and did a playback to be sure it's all OK, I realised that at some point, the tempo track had disappeared, and as such the speed of the vocals were either too quick or too slow. I tried importing the MIDI backing track into the project but this didn't effect it. I tried creating a new Logic Pro track based on the tempo/MIDI track, and then dragged the audio files into that, but the audio file tempo didn't change to match the tempo :(

Is there any way I can import a MIDI track and have the audio files change tempo automatically to match the MIDI/tempo track? There must be a way to do it because the tempo was right before and then it got all sped up when the tempo track disappeared/deleted/edited. I'm at the end of my tether and I really hope somebody can help. :)

2. keysofanxiety thread starter macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Well guys after loads of MIDI imports with the tempo tracks, it didn't seem to resolve the issue and I was really confused. However it looks like Flex Time/Flex Pitch was causing the issue, so if you disable it on the tracks in question it should revert to the correct tempo :)

Hope this helps somebody else!