Logic Pro X + Zoom R16 + Yosemite

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by EnzoAmata, Dec 16, 2014.

1. EnzoAmata macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

I'm looking to use the Zoom R16 with Logic Pro X - v10.0.7 on Yosemite v10.10.1. I'm running this on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-Inch, Mid 2014) Base Model.

I've found other information about using the Zoom R16 with Logic Pro X as an interface.

Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Setup > New > Mackie Designs - Mackie Control - Logic Control
    Ctrl Click - Mackie Mixing Desk Icon > Show/Hide Inspector > Output Port and Input Port set to ZOOM_R16_R24

This makes the Zoom R16 work with Logic Pro X but I've had a few kernel panic screens in Yosemite when recording. I was wondering if there was a more official way of hooking up the Zoom R16 with Logic Pro X just to eliminate the possibility that it's the Mackie Control Interface that's acting up, or is it a more broad problem with Logic Pro X not being updated for Yosemite?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Sorry I can't help with that as your post was the first time I heard about the R16. For $400 it seem like a great deal. One question is "Are the preamps any good" is there noticeable self noise and how much gain is there available?

3. EnzoAmata thread starter macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

Specs for the R16 are here: http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/r16/spec/

4. triglyph macrumors newbie

5. triglyph macrumors newbie

I tried it. Kinda, sorta worked, but not well. So poorly that I ended up selling the Zoom. Anybody know what used (i.e. affordable) control surfaces would work with Logic Pro X on new Mac Pro and Yosemite?