Logic Pro X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by minus.toes, Feb 17, 2015.

1. minus.toes, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

minus.toes macrumors member

I have Logic Pro X installed as of today and went ahead with the additional download of the various loops/sound packs/etc. But have 1 question with regard to the Legacy and Compatibility download.

If not using any older versions of Logic (and no Garageband even installed on my iMac) and not working with any old files - everything is brand spanking new for me - do I need these L&C files? Not sure if it's something better safe than sorry or not needed at all.

Also, 1 recent issue - I managed to download ALL additional music samples/loops/etc from Apple except 1 - Apple Loops / Hip Hop. No matter how many times I try to download it, after the download I get a pop-up from Logic saying to check my internet connection. The thing is, I don't get this same pop-up for any of the other downloads - just this one.

Any suggestions? I read online maybe try downloading it at a different time of day/night. I have no clue.

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

Can you use what you currently have installed to produce the music output that you wish?

If so, I wouldn't bother with worrying about additional software that likely won't be of much use to you...