Logic remote with ipp

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Trogladite, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Trogladite macrumors member

i use logicPro x for most of my music making. In the past I used Logic remote with a series 3 iPad. It was ok. But very lumpy. Last year I bought an iPad Pro 128 G.

Works great and enables me to lay sketches of tunes songs and arrangements in Garage Band on the ipp itself. So far so good.

When using LPX, I can control my RMBP using Logic remote, and the ipps extra screen size makes it a pleasure to use.

Problem! However I have "stuff" in GarageBand and Logic remote fails to work, even though it shows it on screen. It stays covered with the seeking Logic Pro, garage band screen.

In itself it is not a problem because I can use LPX, but for simple sketches, I prefer the simplicity of GB. Any clues would be much appreciated. Even if they make me feel stupid. Lol!

2. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

Sometimes I have issues with Remote and whatever app (Logic, GarageBand, MainStage all will do it occasionally) connecting but not functioning properally on certain networks. If I tether my iPad and MacBook to my iPhone, it usually works great. But I have had issues doing it on a 5GHz connection multiple times, and I'm not sure why. I switch over the the 2.4 and it all works fine.

My point is, have you tried multiple networks?

3. Trogladite thread starter macrumors member

Good thought, I have recently changed my network, and been too busy/idle to reconnect my time machine. I'll try that and let you know what happens. Thanks.

But still puzzling why it works with one and not the other?

4. Trogladite thread starter macrumors member

Sorry still have not reset my router back up with the original network. My wife started decorating? Will get back with the answer when everything is straight again.

Watch this space