Logic Studio 8 Installation Zzzfest

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Trepex, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Dudes and dudettes... Logic Studio 8 is a beast to install! I guess that makes sense considering it's 6 DVDs of content + the demo stuff, but man... I laughed when it predicted the install would take 4 hours, but it was pretty much on the money.

Annoying thing is that I launched the install for VMWare Fusion while installing Logic Studio, and so when LS got to the point of pausing to have me insert a second DVD, the Fusion install took over. I thought OK, and fed the next Logic DVD in to have it ready, but that installer must have checked and seen that Fusion was installing so it just popped up and said "Logic is installed!" and quit! DAMN IT! Haha, at least it was only at the 1hr30min mark that this happened, but not a nice installer bug. It taught me good.

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

It is always a bad idea to install two separate pieces of software at the same time.

But you are right about Logic Studio. Just be glad you don't have to install Final Cut Studio 2 as that is 20GBs larger than Logic Studio 8 :).

3. Trepex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Jebus. Haha yeah, actually with the simultaneous Fusion install, I actually thought about quitting it, but was scared if I did an Apple-Q on it, it would also quit the other instance. Turns out I would have been OK though haha.

I think some of the 'slowness' is maybe due to installing a lot of the content on my external drive too as opposed to the default internal location.

4. Twisty macrumors newbie

4 Hours?
    I just installed it on a 24" 2.4GHz iMac, and it took about 9hours.
    Hopefully that doesn't mean there is something wrong with my system...

5. Mudshark666 macrumors newbie

Arrgggh....

Logic Pro keeps estimates anywhere from 60 hours to 11 hours (current est).

What a:eek: joke.
    :eek::confused::(