Logic Studio arrives tomorrow! I can't wait!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by krye, Jun 11, 2008.

1. krye macrumors 68000

krye

My birthday was on the 5th. So my wife threw my $500 bucks to pick up Logic Studio. I was sooo happy. I found it on AVAlive.com for $405. So I put the other $95 bucks towards other Mac accessories. Anyway, it turns out that AVAlive.com drop-ships from Apple. So I was told that it could take up to 2 weeks to get my order. Bummer. It would have been nice to get it on my birthday, but whatever, I just saved about a $100 bucks!

Anyway, here we are less than a week later, and much to my surprise I just got an email with a UPS tracking number with a delivery date of tomorrow!

I can't wait! This is going to be awesome!

Anyone else out there been this psyched about Logic Studio?

2. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

i remember when my logic express was on its way, i was pretty psyched.

tbh, i couldn't wait to ditch the PC. i was only using it for cubase!

3. bov macrumors 6502

will Apple ever lower the price of Logic Studio? I would really like to use it, but $500 is way too much for me to spend on software. :(

4. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

Attached Files:

5. bov macrumors 6502

oh wow congrats on the new purchase! nice blog and pictures too

you made me a feel a little better about spending $500. that is, when i decide to buy Logic :p

too bad i only have a 160GB HD on my MBP. i need to buy an external hd soon!

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Logic Studio is already hugely discounted compared to the older versions of Logic. I highly doubt Apple will make it any cheaper any time soon.

7. bov macrumors 6502

How much was Logic before?

8. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

I don't remember now, but I seem to recall Logic being more expensive to begin with, plus all the sampler plugins, synth, and the space designer plugins etc (a total of at least 3000 bucks) were sold separately.
    We're talking about a professional audio app here. It will never get much cheaper, not for a long while anyway.

9. asphyxiafeeling macrumors regular

asphyxiafeeling

check out logic express.

i'm not trying to be a stickler or anything, but Logic Studio is pretty well priced as it is. it has quality that CAN (sometimes) compete with stuff like protools which can run into well over $1000.

10. gotzero macrumors 68040

I had an academic version of 5 in college, bought 7 (logic ONLY by the way) for $1000, and then upgraded for $200 to 8 Studio.

If it is too expensive for you, you do not need it...

Back on topic, I hope you have a blast! It is a hugely powerful suite for a great price!