Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhuk01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
South West England
Can anyone let me know if logic studio will work on the 11 inch MBA?

according to the requirements logic studio needs 1280x800 whereas the MBA has a resolution of 1366x768.

I know it might seem weird wanting to run pro apps on a MBA. Currently I have a 15inch macbook pro and was looking to get an ipad in addition. However I'm now contemplating replacing the MBP with a macmini to use pro apps with, and an 11inch MBA for occasional use with pro apps.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
You really don't want to be using pro apps on the MBA, especially the 11". It would be really slow due to the ULV processor, limited RAM, and if it requires 1280x800, it may not even work.

pjo

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2006
It should, but I'm more worried about Logic Studio's disk space requirements unless of course you do not intend to buy the entry level mba.

mhuk01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
South West England
You really don't want to be using pro apps on the MBA, especially the 11". It would be really slow due to the ULV processor, limited RAM, and if it requires 1280x800, it may not even work.

it's basically just to use mainstage for - all my more heavy processing would be done on a macmini (although i'm still unsure if they are worth it with still being core2duo's).

think logic studio only needs 9gb, its all the optional content that takes up the room, which i don't really need on the move.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.