Logic Studio manual

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Bergthor, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Bergthor macrumors newbie

I just got logic studio a few weeks ago and now i am looking for a book to help me through it. went to amazon and other places looking for one, there are a lot to chose from in many price ranges i really don't want to spend to much so witch books are the best bang for the buck?:confused:

2. fernmeister macrumors regular

Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 8 and Logic Express 8 (Apple Pro Training) by David Nahmani

3. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

The Logic video tutorials from www.macprovideo.com are also widely considered to be very good. Some people learn better from books, other from seeing a video - if video tutorials work for you, you may want to check out the samples on their website.

- Martin

4. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

You just 'got' Logic studio, then how about you look into the HUGE manuals that have everything explained in them, as in step for step, picture per picture... The whole reason the box is so big is because of the sheer amount of manuals included......

5. Bergthor thread starter macrumors newbie

logic studio

because a buddy gave me a copy and he lives in Italy... the apple manuals have always sucked for everything else i have used. And the after market is all ways better.

6. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

The Logic Pro manuals don't suck; if you don't have the hard copies there are PDFs avaliable on the Apple site. I agree with previous posters that the Nahmani books and MacProvideos are excellent resources for tutorials.

7. fernmeister macrumors regular

As a reference, the Logic manuals are good. Their size makes them daunting for people who are new to Logic, or more significantly, new to working with a DAW. The tutorials are good because they get you started applying the tech to a project. But there's a lot more to Logic than can be realistically crammed into a tutorial.

8. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

You mean your buddy transferred his license to you, and gave you just the original install DVDs, without the manuals? Clearly you are not telling us that you are using a pirate copy of Logic, right?

Interesting point of view. I own Logic, Final Cut Studio, and Shake, and their manuals are outstanding. That's all the Apple Pro Apps except Aperture, so I can't speak for that. I use third-party video tutorials in addition to the Apple manuals, because personally I benefit a lot from the kind of visual learning that a book simply cannot provide. But I have to give Apple credit for making some of the better manuals in the software industry.

- Martin

9. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

10. Bergthor thread starter macrumors newbie

no pirating software is bad, and talking about it is against forums rulez......

11. NintendoFan macrumors regular

Definitely check out the MacProVideo series. I bought a copy for Logic 7 and it was insanely useful.