Logic Studio MIDI Keyboard & Interface help

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by ConnYoungy, Apr 24, 2011.

1. ConnYoungy macrumors 6502a

Hey folks, I have a couple questions if anyone can help!

1. I've been looking at Logic Studio in the education store for when i go to uni in september, is there any difference or limitations etc buying it through the education store? Its a huuugeee discount for there not to be some kind of differences....

and 2. I want a MIDI keyboard to use with it, and wondered if anyone can recommend a good one? budget is around £150 and id like one with full sized keys, minimum 4 octaves, low latency, velocity sensitive etc

thanks in advance if you can help!

conn

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

I'm pretty sure logic is the same no matter how you buy it.

As for a MIDI controller. There is no shortage of cheap keyboards but I prefer one that can make it's own sound because many times I don't want to bother turning on a computer.

3. Mrgreen264 macrumors newbie

Logic studio 9

I was thinking about buying the new logic studio 9, but was wondering because it came out almost 2 years ago is apple coming out with the studio 10? If so when? Also what is the difference between buying the academic full version, and the retail full version?

4. PRPS macrumors member

PRPS

i have an M Audio Axiom 49 (2nd Gen) which was about $350. I was a great step up from my old M Audio Radium 49.

i think m audio makes pretty good controllers however their audio interfaces i have not had the best of luck with. I had a Fast track ultra that broke after a year and a half. I pre ordered a Apogee Duet 2, so i'm waiting for that.. :apple:

edit: i now see your budget is ~ $250 usd

check out the "M-Audio Axiom 25 2nd Gen". I'm not sure if 25 keys is sufficient for your needs tho