Logic Studio Recent Purchase Upgrade UK Store Order Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wheetman, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Wheetman macrumors member

Has anyone successfully been able to place an order for the recent purchase upgrade at the UK/Ireland store today? I have filled out and printed the form so many times that it is driving me nuts. Everytime I click the 'Buy Now' button, it simply redirects me to the UK Store home page. I telephoned the store to be greeted by a confused Irishman who's only comment was "I don't know what's wrong with it - I've telephoned Head Office and they don't know either." :mad:

Regards,

Wheetman
    UPDATE 27 September 2007 - Problem has now been resolved and Recent Purchaser Upgrade Orders are being processed as expected.

Wheetman

2. leeg macrumors newbie

Hi (am new too)

I was waiting for the 26th September date for the news on how to get a FREE update from Logic 7.2 (purchased in Sept). Went throught the process of filling in that form and clicking on that nice BUY NOW button only to be taken to the generic Apple Store online and no sign of the Item for £9.99. I tried their online chat to speak to a so-called Apple Expert. 20 minutes of my life wasted. Though they gave me a phone number for Apple Sales Support 0800 039 1515.

Anyhow, phoned the number a bit later in the afternoon (after I had cooled down again) and eventually spoke to a woman stateside who thought I was obviously thick and had to go through the whole process again. Eventually she conceded that the item wasn't available yet and "might be" uploaded overnight.

So today - I still can't find it.

You just know that they are gonna make it hard for you to get your free upgrade right?

I'm sure too that as I bought mine off a seller on e-bay they are not gonna honour the upgrade. If you read the T&C's it excludes auction purchases. My arguement however is that I bought it outright as Brand new sealed in box direct from Apple. And so was the packing list. The seller did also mention in his description that this was a genuine copy and was eligible for Apple upgrades etc... So we'll see. I still paid more for it than the new Logic Studio. Wished I had waited TWO weeks.:rolleyes:

You have to wonder why Apple act like this when it comes to new releases. I bought my iMac in June this year. Imagine how :mad: I was when the new one was released - cheaper too. As a new user and PC-convert I have been sorely disappointed - not by the hardware/software per se... but Apple as a company. Please don't slate me all you Apple loyal users - I want to love my Mac too - but you have to admit it's been a bad and expensive start.

Will post any updates as to the update situation unless someone can let me know first?

3. Wheetman thread starter macrumors member