Logic Studio versus Logic Express 8?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by derek1984, Dec 22, 2008.

1. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

So besides the price, what are the differences between Logic Studio and Logic Express 8? If you purchase Logic Express 8, can you piece other programs that Apple sells to be close to Logic Studio or does Logic Studio provide that much more than Express? Thanks

2. MezicanGangxtah macrumors regular

So im just going to quote myself from this other thread to answer your question.

as for "piece together" other programs apple sells close to logic studio, I assume your reffering to waveburner, mainstage and all those apps that come bundled with it? well I'm not sure about this one, but I suppose if you can get those apps as standalones from somewhere I dont see why they wont work with logic express (except if they require some Logic Studio only feature for certain functions).

Hope This Helps!

3. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Logic Studio comes with 5 Jam Packs. Jam Pack 1, Remix Tools, Rhythm Section, Symphony Orchestra and World Music. Each jam pack is $100 each.

4. Serge N Gin macrumors member

Serge N Gin

What are you currently using derek? It may help to know as Logic Studio is quite a jump up from say, GarageBand .... such a quantum leap may not be necessary but then it would depend on what you expect you need from an app like these .... while what Logic Studio offers is mighty grand, it is also a massive learning curve and would you need all that extra software for what you are doing?

There could be some merit in going for the scaled down version (Logic Express).