I might be able to get an idea of the answer I'm looking for by reading all the recent threads. I plan to actually (slowly). I think that would take a long time, so I hope you guys will be patient with someone who's not too tech savvy. I've had a used Macbook 13" (late 2009) for 5 years or so. I lived under a rock for a while, and so when I saw the most recent MB Pros over the winter I decided I needed to upgrade. I mainly use my laptop to run Logic Pro X. I'm an aspiring professional, but I record at home and some projects end up being compositions with lots of tracks. The more there are, the more frequently it stalls, due to being weak in terms of CPU or RAM. That's how I knew I needed to upgrade. I also need to get a 15", since those 2 extra inches would make a big difference. I gave up playing games after Bioshock I and Dragon Age II because my little Macbook has been subpar since those games. But I'd like to play Bioshock Infinite and any other games available to Mac. Anyway, I've been waiting months since I heard Apple was preparing to launch a new MB Pro, and now that they're out I'm kind of conflicted. I would basically be using up all my extra cash, because I can't settle for less than a 15" model, and anything less than 512 GB of space wouldn't be ideal. I'm assuming I'd also have to go for the other upgrades if I want to be able to play the more recent Mac games. I would have to buy a new wireless mouse and adaptors. On top of it all, I live in Europe (Greece no less), so I'm expecting a pretty heavy tax. On the other hand, I think I could get the previous 15" MBP for something like 2K with nearly similar specs. So I'd be saving a lot of money. Although I'd need adaptors, the USB-C doesn't bother me cause I figure it's the future. The Touch Bar I can certainly see coming in handy when Logic releases a supporting update (how could they not?). So my question goes to experienced Mac users, particularly if there's anyone who uses Logic or plays games. I definitely want to buy the new machine, but given the criteria I mentioned, do you think it's a good buy or a stupid one? I'd shell out the money if it's a good investment, I'm just not entirely qualified to make this judgment call without some help.