Logic vs Garageband

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by th3-sc13nt1st, Jan 23, 2009.

1. th3-sc13nt1st macrumors newbie

Is buying logic advisable if I use garageband? The thing I can not wait to try is MainStage, it looks fantastic. Is there seriously that much of a difference between logic and garageband? Right now however, I'm just messing around with garageband and such. Is there seriously that much of a difference between logic and garageband? Though in the next few months, I plan on utilizing my mac more professional reasons. The reasons I bought it for, recording. (So far, its just an expensive type writer)

2. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Seriously, there's a huge difference. Logic is designed to become part of a professional DAW; Garageband is (IMO) a simple starter's kit... so if you are serious about recording, editing and producing high quality audio (and want to stay within Apple software), Logic is the way to go. With Logic you get tons of extras, plugins, loops, samples, and it works flawlessly with mac, at a reasonable price.

There are other pro options when it comes to SW/DAWs - and a big debate on which one is the best... so I'd suggest you also factor in your actual production needs, available hardware & audio equipment resources into your final decision. There are plenty of specialized pro-audio forums to help you with this.

Good luck!