logic won't start

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by kosmo, Feb 17, 2008.

1. kosmo macrumors newbie

I'm having rather a strange problem that seems to have started rather randomly. Logic won't load about 90% of the time! When I launch the program, either by clicking the logic icon or by opening a logic project, it runs through the opening dialogue and then nothing... I have to force quit the program where it says "not responding." The strange thing is this doesn't happen all the time but most of the time. Any ideas? I've tried trashing the preference files but that doesn't seem to have affected anything. I did recently upgrade to 10.5.2 but I don't know if that's related because this problem did not occur immediately after upgrading, it just started yesterday and I upgraded when 10.5.2 first came out.

2. Tarkovsky macrumors 6502

Tarkovsky

I'd try a reinstall and if that doesn't work I think there's a PACE (anti piracy software) for OS X update that might help.

3. kosmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Anti-piracy? What's that have to do with anything? I own a legitimate copy if that's what you're implying.

4. kosmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Whatever the problem was, it appears to be fixed now. I downloaded the program Cocktail and that appears to have done the trick. If anyone else has a similar problem I would recommend this application.

5. comatose macrumors newbie

tried the cocktail fix nothing happened

Hi I had the same problem as you with PACE. what exactly did you do once you installed cocktail? I installed cocktail and cleared my cache and I wasnt really sure what else to do with it. any help would be greatly appreciated.