logicboard, RAM, pcba WHAT IS WRONG?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by meandmymac, Jun 6, 2011.

1. meandmymac macrumors newbie

i've had my MBP 15" for 3 years now; and i never really had any issues... 3months ago it wouldn't start up again. I live in Botswana and there is no apple center here, but there is a certified repair guy; so I brought him my MBP and he diagnosed a failed logic board.
    When trying to turn on there was a lil sound like power going off (within 2sec of turn on); a slight whistle. I read somewhere, that I should try and take out RAM to see if one of them might be the problem. Well, I did and it started doing the whole beep thing (RAM incorrectly inserted or missing) so I was wondering, would it make that noise when the logicboard is dead?
    Anyhow, after 3 months I finally found a logicboard and I got it replaced; now, when trying to turn it on, there isn't even that lil whizzing sound it used to make. So now my repair guy told me that my RAM is probably not working. WHAT??? first the logicboard now the RAM? or was my logicboard fine and its just the RAM? had to wait 3 days to get replacement RAM. Today he tells me, that it still doesnt do anything and that probably the PCBA is broken. so I googled it, but I couldn't find anything really relating to that.
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY MBP? can anybody help me, give me advice on how to deal with this?

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

What exact model is it?

3. meandmymac thread starter macrumors newbie

its a MacbookPro 15" (early 2008 model) 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo (T8300) Penryn Model Number: A1260

i hope thats what you were asking for...

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

And it doesn't boot up,or it boots but no image appears on the screen?

5. meandmymac thread starter macrumors newbie

nothing, only when the RAM is out it reacts with the whole continuous loud beep thing.

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Seems like the logicboard is fried again, then...

7. meandmymac thread starter macrumors newbie

fried again? how? when? it was only put in and never started...

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Logicboard could've been DOA(dead on arrival). I strongly doubt your RAM decided to commit suicide in your machine. If you can't even get it to boot, we can't diagnose much just from reading about it.

9. meandmymac thread starter macrumors newbie

so it would make the beeping noise even with a dead board? I thought the logicboard pushes the power through the machine, so if its broken it shouldnt make that sound? I would really like this all to end and have my mac back!