logictech anywhere mouse terrible

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Acorn, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

man what is up with logitech anywhere mouse. this is the mouse with darkfield and on amazon it has like 600 5 star reviews. for me it has been absolutely horrible. it loses connection less then 1 meter away and skips and teleports like hell. I thought my machine was lagging because of the skipping and teleporting. turns out its the stupid mouse. im so pissed what a waste of 60 bucks. The only way the mouse will stay connected and not skip or teleport is if the receiver is like 6 inches a way.

sigh guess i will pick up a 30 dollar wireless mouse and call it a loss.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You likely have a defective mouse. Are you using the Logitech Control Center software? I've used the Anywhere mouse for the past year or so, and it works perfectly, even 10 feet away.

3. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

no im not using any software at all. I doubt its defective. the issue goes away when i move my laptop closer to me. there have been other posts about the range in the past if your willing to go through some of the amazon reviews. its not just me.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try installing the LCC, as it's used to set up the advanced features of the mouse. I routinely operate my MBP with the mouse 5-10 feet away when doing presentations. It never fails to maintain a connection.

5. jshbckr macrumors 6502

I also have the Anywhere Mouse MX (and the larger Performance Mouse MX) and they both work perfectly. Even though the issue is alleviated when you bring the mouse closer, that doesn't mean that it's not defective. There could be some issue with the transmitter or the receiver that is causing the signal to drop or not be as strong as it should be.

I'd try some new batteries and install Logitech's software, if that doesn't work, return it.

6. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

since the mouse receiver is a unifying receiver i was able to hook up a logictech M305 mouse to the logictech anywhere receiver and it works perfectly. go back to the anywhere mouse and it jumps and skips across the screen. sometimes it like sticks, doesnt pick up any movement even though im moving the mouse then it catches and jumps somewhere across the screen. half the time i dont even know where it went. very bad experience with it.

by the way i did install the software with no change.

newegg accepted a RMA replacement so im going to try replacing it and see if my experience with the mouse changes. right now though i hate it.