Login adverts?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Osarkon, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Occasionally over the last few months, I'd open a thread and get this login window show up.

I've never had a .mac account or anything like it, and I'm not entirely sure why it's coming up. I think it's due to some sort of advert, but it might not be.

Any ideas if it's something to do with the site's advertisements, or something on my end?

Oh and if this is in the wrong part of the forums, apologies but I felt this was the most appropriate place for it.

Attached Files:

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I was getting it yesterday. I think it was due to someone linking images from their .Mac account.

TEG

3. Osarkon thread starter macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Ah that would make sense, seeing as I was on a picture thread just now when it came up. :eek:

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yep, it was caused by an image being hosted from someone's .Mac account. I deleted the post, so that should solve the problem.

5. Osarkon thread starter macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Aaah so that's what it was. Thanks very much!

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

This happens now and then. The clue is that it happens in a particular thread, so you know it's something in one of the posts.

When that's the case in the future, please use the Report Post feature to let us know about the problem, even if you aren't sure which post is causing the trouble.

7. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

So is then when someone starts one of the many many threads saying:

"Why was my post deleted?" or "Why the Censorship?" or any variation?

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Not necessarily. When someone makes a mistake in their post (such as including a link that causes a problem) and we need to remove the post, we're likely to notify them because we know they could be puzzled or be needlessly worried that they broke a forum rule. We'd also like them to know about it so they can avoid the same mistake in the future.