Login items... pros and cons.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BlackThunder, Apr 20, 2008.

1. BlackThunder macrumors member

I know alot of people like to speed up the time it takes to boot up osx by stripping there login items down to the bare minimum... but since I rarely boot up anyway I like to have all the stuff I'm gonna open, open automatically.

This is what I got.. should I ditch some of it? Aren't some of them vital, like the Airport thing?

What do you have, if anything?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Looks fine to me. :) As long as the slight delay after logging in doesn't bother you, there's no need to change it.

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

3. BlackThunder thread starter macrumors member

I'm wondering if iTunes Helper, System Events, and Airport Base Station Agent do anything worthwhile.

I got rid of iTunes helper and nothing changed.

4. glasserp macrumors regular

I'm also curious about those three specifically. Here's mine. Are any of these very critical?

Attached Files:

5. kolax macrumors G3

Never used to have AirPort Base Station Agent in there...wonder why it's there now.

6. glasserp macrumors regular

After updating to 10.5.2, my wireless was constantly going out. A suggestion in one thread was to add AirPort Base Station Agent to the list. I'm almost positive that didn't do it (I think changing the channel to 11 did it for me) so I could probably take that out my start-up items...